Carl E. Pease , MPA, PRP
Graduated with a Masters in Public Administration from the University of Maine. Have strong legislative and policy research skills, constituent services and advocacy experience and management abilities. Excellent oral and written communication skills. BS in Education from the University of Maine. Active in the community. Skilled at managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
University of Maine, Orono, Maine Masters in Public Administration, 1998 Research Assistant Internships:
• City of Bangor — researched and wrote reports on local tax options community development and electric utility deregulation. Assisted with the development of city council website.
• University of Maine — assisted in the development and interpretation of mail surveys involving community policing and teen alcohol abuse.
• University of Maine — worked with the Department of Environmental Health and Safety researching and prioritizing training programs in order to keep the University of Maine in compliance with state and federal safety regulations.
University of Maine, Orono, Maine
B.S. Education, 1977 Honors & Recognition:
• Member of Student Government — wrote Constitution still in use today.
• Reporter and production/layout staff for The New Edition newspaper.
United States Army Reserves, Bangor, Maine 1984 — 2002
Staff Sergeant (E-6) • Senior Pharmacy Technician • 309th CSH, Det. 1
Oversaw and trained pharmacy technicians. Ensured that Pharmacy Technicians maintain up-to-date pharmacy skills. Managed pre- basic training program and instructed new recruits in pre-basic training and general medical skills. As supply NCO oversaw the maintenance of clothing records and supply uniform items for 40 – 50 enlisted personnel. Have been in charge of personnel and mobilization files for unit.
• Served with US Army during Desert Storm as a Pharmacy Technician. NCO responsible for outpatient pharmacy. Supervised staff of three pharmacists and six technicians with responsibility for over 1000 prescriptions and refills per day.
• Successfully completed several courses in leadership development, training skills, counseling and written communications between 1987 and 1994.
• Graduate of the Academy of Health Sciences’ Pharmacy Specialist School.
Parliamentary Consultant – 2004-present
• Expert on meeting procedures, Bylaws writing and interpretation, professional meeting presiding
Town Manager – Windsor 2005-2008
Parliamentarian – Maine Democratic Party 2006-2015
Member Hampden Town Council 2003-2005
• Chair Council Committee on Charter & Ordinance
• Member Council Committees on Community Services, and Public Works & Solid Democratic State Headquarters, Volunteer, Augusta, Maine, 2000 & 2004
• Primary responsibility for compiling and editing the State Delegation Selection Plan and the State Affirmative Action Plan for the election of delegates to the 2000 and 2004 Democratic National Convention
Maine House of Representatives, Legislative Candidate, Hampden, Maine 2000, 1998 & 1996
• Responsible for public relations, direct mail campaigns, GOTV, fundraising and resource allocations.